Company Overview"MegChem applies engineering resources optimally to translate client needs into process plant that meets agreed objectives."
MegChem is an engineering company operating primarily in the oil, gas, power generation and energy related industries.
MegChem was founded in 1995 in Secunda, Mpumalanga, as an engineering company rendering design services to the petrochemical industry. Since inception, we have developed into a fully fledged multi-disciplinary engineering company able to provide turn-key solutions to a diverse client base.
Today, MegChem has a stable workforce of more than 300 employees. Amongst these are more than 80 graduated engineers employed in various engineering disciplines, complemented by more than 100 design draftsmen, as well as other professionals in Contract Administration, Procurement, Information Management, Quality Management and other support functions.
The MegChem business envelope encompasses operational support for existing plant, plant modifications, de-bottleneckings, repairs, upgrades, fit-for-service analyses as well as failure investigations. We have the ability to develop engineering solutions from a brief problem description provided by the client, through feasibility study, conceptual, basic and detail engineering, through to construction and commissioning.
Our engineering expertise includes Process-, Mechanical-, Piping-, Metallurgical- and Forensic engineering.
Our Project Management team is responsible to integrate these engineering disciplines during project execution in order to provide a total solution to our clients. The Project Execution team is furthermore supported by Quality Assurance, Contract Administration, Commercial, Planning, and Safety management teams.
MegChem is well versed in the execution of smaller to medium size engineering projects. Various project models, including EPC, EPCM and turn-key lump sum are being used.
MegChem consistently complies with statutory regulations and safety practices and applies the latest international design codes. We are able to generate solutions to the satisfaction of our clients and stakeholders, using best state of the-art practices, software, technologies and equipment.
Quality in everything we do have always been a cornerstone of the MegChem way. Our Quality Management System is certified to ISO 9001:2000 since 2004 and has been upgraded to ISO 9001:2008 for certification in August 2010.
Safety of all stakeholders is paramount and we pride ourselves in our excellent safety record and -statistics. MegChem's safety system complies to OHSAS 18001 which is annually verified by a qualification audit.
- ECSA (Engineering Council of SA)
- FORENSA (Forensic Engineering Association of Southern Africa)
- INCOSE (International Council on System Engineering)
- IOSM (Institute Of Safety Management)
- NIASA (Nuclear Industry Association of South Africa)
- SACI (SA Corrosion Institute)
- SAIChe (SA Institute of Chemical Engineers)
- SAIMECHE (SA Institute of Mechanical Engineers)
- SAIMM (SA Institute of Mining and Metallurgy)
- SAIW (SA Institute of Welding)
- UCGA (Underground Coal Gasification Association UK)
- ICMEESA - in process (Institution of Certificated Mechanical & Electrical Engineers, SA)
- IPET - in process (Institute of Professional Engineering Technologists)
- SAFA - in process (South African Flameproof Association)
Page 1 of 2