The E&I department supports the Project Management and Engineering Management departments within MegChem with technical assistance and quality assurance and control, during detail engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning.
MegChem has the following skills and combined member experience in the Electrical and Control Systems department:
- 25 Years of electrical construction in the domestic, commercial and industrial sector.
- 20 Years of professional project management experience in multidiscipline projects, with 15 years in the petrochemical field.
- 6 Years fulltime training of students in the electrical field.
- 5 Years of electrical design, with 3 years in the petrochemical field.
- 1 Year of specification, selection and inspections on passive fire protection in the petrochemical field.
- 1 Year of test, faultfinding and commissioning on specialised electrical equipment.
MegChem has the following competencies in the Electrical and Control Systems department:
- Classification and selection and inspection of flameproof equipment.
- Installation electrician.
- Master installation electrician.
- Project management.
- National Diploma in electrical engineering.
- Control Systems engineer.
The E&I department manage any Electrical or Control System sub-contractor during engineering and/or construction phase, to ensure compliance to the Client's technical and electrical safety, specifications and standards.
Continuous investment in our E&I department growth and up to date knowledge of the latest technologies, requires the attendance of seminars and symposiums.
Based MegChem's ISO 9001:2000 requirements and our comprehensive Quality Management System on E&I, requirements are documented and implemented.